The online course will cover the following topics:
- The effects of micro-alloying, relating grain refinement to mechanical properties.
- AM conditions for a certain part taking into account the material ability for AM
- Carbon equivalent (CE), t 8/5 concept and preheating temperature
- Hardenability and maximum cooling rate
- Types of heat treatments requirements for a certain part, inferring the heat treatment conditions (depending of the shape and size of the part, the application and the code).
Course Videos (Further Videos will follow with Part 2, once the course has concluded)