Lyon is located in the centre-east of the country, just two hours from Paris by train, and is renowned as the world capital of gastronomy, as well as for its history and its culture.
The LCC is easily accessible for attendees travelling from all over the world, with an international airport, plenty of parking spaces and a train station less than 5km away from the Congress Centre.
World PM2022 Congress
A Call for Papers has already been launched for this all-strand event. Due to the success of the record number of technical sessions at the last in-person Congress, Euro PM2019, we are expecting a record number of technical sessions across all strands. To take advantage of this increased chance to have your work presented as an oral presentation on the international stage, be sure to submit your abstract(s) by the deadline 19 January 2022.
The programme of plenary, keynote, oral and poster presentations will focus on all aspects of PM:
- Powder Production
- Consolidation technologies (Compaction and Sintering, MIM, HIP, FAST, AM beam based technologies, AM sinter based technologies, …)
- Materials (Ferrous & Non ferrous materials, Light materials, Hight temperature materials, Functional materials, Hard metals, cermets and diamond tools, …)
- Applications (Biomedical, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, …)
- Tools for improving PM (Test and evaluation, Secondary operations, Design and modelling, Life Cycle Analysis, Digitization, …)
The full breakdown of these strands can be found on our website at: www.worldpm2022.com/topics
Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to promote your sector and the technology within it in the best way possible by submitting an abstract. Abstracts can be submitted online until Wednesday 19 January 2022 only.
World PM2022 Exhibition
The World PM2022 Exhibition, held Monday to Thursday, will take place alongside the Congress. With exhibition sales already open, EPMA are welcoming enquiries to fill the remaining space in the 3700m2 Exhibition Hall. Those looking to join the Exhibition are encouraged to do so as soon as possible, as prices for stands will increase in January 2022 – reserve your space now to ensure your early discount is applied.
Located within the conference centre, and with easy access to the Technical Sessions, delegate dining and refreshment facilities, the World PM2022 Exhibition will be the ideal location for positive and profitable delegate and exhibitor integration.
It will be the only event held in Europe in 2022 to cover all aspects of Powder Metallurgy and related sectors such as Additive Manufacturing, Functional Materials, Hard Materials and Diamond Tools, Hot Isostatic Pressing, Metal Injection Moulding, New Materials, Processes and Applications and Press and Sinter and represent the entire PM related supply chain, making it an event not to be missed!
Further information on this year’s event, including a current exhibition floor plan, or to sign up to join the World PM2022 Mailing List, to receive World PM2022 Congress & Exhibition Updates can all be found at www.worldpm2022.com
EPMA PM Thesis Competition Launch
The EPMA PM Thesis Competition takes place annually. Following a strong number of entries for the 2021 competition, we are expecting a high standard of entries for World PM2022.
This competition is open to all graduates of a European University whose theses have been officially accepted or approved by the applicant’s teaching establishment during the previous three years. Theses, which must be classified under the topic of Powder Metallurgy, are judged by an international panel of PM experts, drawn from both academia and industry. Winners are awarded an honorarium and complimentary registration to the Congress.
More information can be found at www.thesiscompetition.epma.com
The deadline for submissions is 20 April 2022.
The EPMA is proud to present the prestigious EPMA 2022 Powder Metallurgy Component Awards, which over the years, have done much to promote and stimulate interest in PM technology. These awards are open to all who manufacture components made by PM processes.
The 2022 award competition will consist of the following component categories:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Metal Injection Moulding
- PM Structural (including Hard Materials and Diamond Tools parts)
In all cases, a panel of independent experts is drawn from across Europe, using the following criteria, referees the entries;
- To what extent is the PM component described in the entry expected to provide cost savings and/or improved quality?
- To what extent is the entry expected to stimulate further usage of PM materials and technology?
- How well is the entry prepared (description of component, inclusion of diagrams, photographs and other illustrations)?
- How do you rate this component in terms of excellence in exploiting PM or in terms of novelty, surpassing borders or bringing new ideas into practice?
Find full details of the competition, including how to enter at componentawards.epma.com
Entry deadline: 25 May 2022