The European Press & Sinter Group consists of stakeholders from the ferrous PM structural parts industry. The objective of the Euro Press&Sinter group is to promote the interests of EPMA members involved in the structural parts supply chain.
It holds open meetings involving parts makers, suppliers and any interested EPMA members to discuss issues of concern to the sector, but also separately holds special meetings for parts makers or suppliers.
Participants of a Special EuroPress&Sinter meeting
EuroPress&Sinter also gives an input to many projects that are carried out by the EPMA, which include:
The open meetings are usually held twice a year, in the Spring and Autumn during EPMA events such as theannual General Assembly and Euro PM Congress. These offer an excellent opportunity todiscuss EPMA activities, current and futureprojects in the ferrous PM structural parts sector and regarding the general state of business within the industry. The state of business discussion always gives a fruitful exchange of experience between participants and is reported in the minutes available to the attendees of the Supply Chain Meeting.
EuroPress&Sinter also gives an input to many projects including:
- The Global Powder Metallurgy Property Database web site: www.pmdatabase.com
- The e-learning modules web site for End User Designers and Engineers: www.designforpm.net
- The yearly Benchmarking exercise, which offers the EuroPress&Sinter Parts Makers companies the chance to benchmark their operations externally in a completely anonymous way. Benchmarking is a requirement under both ISO9000:2000 and ISO TC16949. (see www.epma.com/benchmarking).
- Trends Surveys: Twice a year the EPMA launches an anonymous trends survey to track the general fluctuations of the EuroPress&Sinter Structural Parts Makers Sector in terms of recent sales trends, business attitudes and effect of the new state of global economy. The answers are collected in an anonymous form and only the participants of the survey will receive aggregated results in the form of a Trends Survey Report.
- Club Projects: Club Projects are small projects scientifically led by a R&D centre or a University and coordinated by the EPMA. These Club Projects are reserved to the EPMA companies, who share the cost of the project. The EuroPress&Sinter Group is regularly launching new Club Projects for its members (see www.epma.com/projects).
- EuroPress&Sinter Seminars: The EuroPress&Sinter Group is organising with the support of a devoted task force regular Seminars, which attracts attendees from all the supply chain.