Keynote papers receive an extended oral presentation slot in the programme and go on to be published in the journal "Powder Metallurgy".
The EPMA Keynote Paper Award Winners for Euro PM2017 are: (from left to right):
- Dr Gian Filippo Bocchini, PM Consultant, Italy, for the paper "Can Industrial Standards Disregard Thermodynamics And Material Science?"
- Dipl.-Ing Julia Ureña, University Carlos III Of Madrid, Spain, for the paper "Role of Beta-stabilizer Elements in Microstructure and Mechanical Properties Evolution of PM Modified Ti Surfaces Designed for Biomedical Applications"
- Dr Torsten E M Staab, Fraunhofer ISC Wuerzburg, Germany, for the paper "Sintering Iron And Steel: Are There Indications For Defect-Activated Sintering?"
- Prof Dr Luis Llanes, Universitat Politecnica Catalunya, Spain, for the paper "Implementation of Advanced Characterization Techniques for Assessment of Grinding Effects on the Surface Integrity of WC-Co Cemented Carbides" (Award accepted by Dr José Manuel Torralba, pictured)
The EPMA Keynote Paper Award Winners for World PM2016 are: (from left to right):
- Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Schwenck, University of Bremen, Germany, for the paper "A Novel Convergent-Divergent Annular Nozzle Design for Close-Coupled Atomization"
- Mr Yuu Akiyama, Sumitomo Electric Sintered Alloy Ltd, Japan, for the paper "Development of Synchronizer Hub with Helical Gear for DCT"
- Dr Thomas Ebel, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany, for the paper "Reduction of the Embrittlement Effect of Binder Contamination in MIM Processing of Ti-Alloys"
- Mr Alexander Angré, Swerea KIMAB, Sweden, for the paper "Phase Transformation Under Isostatic Pressure in HIP"
- Dipl.-Ing. Dominik Bauer, Airbus Group Innovations, Germany, for the paper "Investigations of Aging Behaviour From Aluminum Powders During Atmosphere Simulation of the LBM Process"
- Dr Jean-Michel Missiaen, Grenoble INP, France, for the paper "EBSD Study of WC Grain Boundaries in WC-Co Alloys. Effect of Co Content and Carbon Potential"
- Dipl.-Ing. Nadine Eißmann, Technical University Dresden, Germany, for the paper "High-Entropy Alloy CoCrFeMnNi Produced by Powder Metallurgy"
(Co-author pictured, Prof Dr Bernd Kieback)
The EPMA Keynote Paper Award Winners for Euro PM2015 are:
Effect of Microstructure on the Tensile Strength of Ti6A14V Specimens Manufactured using Additive Manufacturing Electron Beam Process
by Dipl-Ing Thays Machry, Research Engineer at Airbus Group Innovations, United Kingdom. Coauthored by Eatock, D; Meyer, J (Airbus Group Innovations, United Kingdom); Antonysamy, A (GKN Aerospace, United Kingdom); Prangnell, P; Ho, A (The University of Manchester, United Kingdom)
Effective Interface Model for Design and Tailoring of WC-Co Microstructures.
By Mr Anssi Laukkanen at VTT Materials and Manufacturing, Finland. Co-authored by Andersson, T; Pinomaa, T; Sippola, M; Lindroos, T; Holmberg, K (VTT, Finland)
Tailoring Master Alloys for Liquid Phase Sintering: Effect of Introducing Oxidation-Sensitive Elements
by Dr Raquel de Oro Calderon, Marie Curie Post-Doctoral Researcher at Technical University of Vienna, Austria. Co-authored by Bernardo Quejido, E; Campos, M (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain); Gierl, C; Danninger, H (Technical University of Vienna, Austria); Torralba Castello, JM, (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
Effects of Build Orientation Induced Surface Modifications on the In-Vitro Biocompatibility of Electron Beam Melted Ti-6Al-4V
by Dr Alfred Sidambe, Research Scientist at JRI Orthopaedics Ltd, United Kingdom. Co-authored by Todd, I; Hatton, P (University of Sheffield, United Kingdom)
Densifying and Hardening of Martensitic Steel Powders in HIP Units Providing High Cooling Rates
by Ms Anna Weddeling Research Assistant at Lehrstuhl Werkstofftechnik, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany. Co-authored by Wulbieter, N, Theisen, W (Lehrstuhl Werkstofftechnik, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany)
Metal Injection Moulding of Nickel-Based Superalloy CM247LC
by Ing Andreas Meyer, Research Associate at Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany. Co-authored by Daenicke, E; Horke, K; Moor, M (Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd & Co KG, Germany); Muller, S; Langer, I (Schunk Sintermetall GmbH, Germany); Singer, RF (Friederich-Alexander University Erlangen- Nurnberg, Germany)
The EPMA Keynote Paper Award Winners for Euro PM2014 are: (from left to right)
- Dr Sebastian Boris Hein, Project Manager at Fraunhofer IFAM, Germany, for the paper "Powder Injection Moulding of Metal-Ceramic Interpenetrating Phase Composites".
- Mr Juan F. Isaza Pax, Project Manager at Fraunhofer IFAM, Germany, for the paper "RFID Transponder Integration in Metal Surgical Instruments Produced by Additive Manufacturing".
(Co-author pictured, Frank Petzoldt)
- Dipl-Ing Martin Wolff, Research Scientist at Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany, for the paper "Magnesium Powder Injection Moulding for Biomedical Application".
(Colleage pictured, Wolfgang Limberg)
- Prof Karin Frisk, Docent/Research Area Manager Alloy Design at Swerea KIMAB, Sweden for the paper "Compound Materials by PM-HIP".
- Prof Dr José M. Torralba, Professor at IMDEA Materials Institute, Universidad Carlos III Madrid, Spain, for the paper "Understanding the Contribution of the Microstructure in the Fracture Behaviour of Sintered Steels"
(Pictured with co-author, Laura Esteban)
- Dipl-Ing José María Tarragó Cifre, PhD Student at CIEFMA, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain, for the paper "Corrosion Damage in WCCo Cemented Carbides: 3D FIB-SEM Characterization and Strength Degradation".
The EPMA Keynote Paper Award Winners for Euro PM2013 are: (from left to right)
- Miss Helen Dugdale, Materials Technologiest , Rolls-Royce, United Kingdom, for the paper "The Development of Hot Isostatically Pressed Nickel Based Alloys for Nuclear Applications”.
- Dipl Ing Markus Haydn, Doctoral Student, PLANSEE SE, Austria, for the paper "Development of Metal-Supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Based on a Powder-Metallurgical Manufacturing Route".
- Prof Iñigo Iturriza, Prinicpal Researcher, CEIT, Spain, for the paper "Effect of the Sintering Atmosphere in the Densification, Mechanical Properties and Diamond Stability of Prealloyed Diamond Impregnated Composites Obtained by Free-Sintering".
- Mr Per Lindskog, PM consultant, Sweden, for the paper "The History of Distaloy".