The MPIF Standard 35, Materials Standards for PM Self-Lubricating Bearings - 2010 Edition provides the design and materials engineer with the latest engineering property data and information available in order to specify materials for self-lubricating bearings made by the PM process.
Developed by the powder metallurgy (PM) commercial parts manufacturing industry, the standard is divided into sections that are clearly distinguished by easy-to-read data tables and explanatory information for each material listed. Detailed explanatory notes and definitions, along with data cited in both Inch-Pound and SI units, help make the standard more "user friendly."
The 2010 Edition contains:
- NEW Material Section (data property table)
- Diffusion-Alloyed Iron-Bronze Bearings - FDCT-1802K
- Revised footnotes for Bronze Bearings and new footnote for the CTG-1004-K10 material
- Data-table-column heading revisions
- Data tables now listed in alphabetical order by material system
- Revised verbiage throughout the standard including a new section in the EXPLANATORY NOTES on Oil Impregnation Efficiency
- ENGINEERING INFORMATION (Inch-Pound and SI Units)-Verbiage and data table modifications
- New edition includes a 2-part Index covering displaying alphabetical listings & guides to material systems & designation codes used in MPIF Standard 35
- Part 1: for the MPIF Standard 35, Materials Standards for PM Self-Lubricating Bearings document
- Part 2: for the other MPIF Standard 35 publications