The EPMA is an international trade Association representing manufacturers of all types of PM products, suppliers of materials and equipment, end users of PM components as well as research institutions and individuals who have an interest in PM.
Established as a non profit organisation in 1989 the EPMA acts as the voice of the European PM industry at an international level so we collaborate with a range of organisations to address issues of strategic importance to the competitiveness of our members. These issues include cross sector issues that are covered by four working groups:
- Environment, Health and Quality (EHQ)
- Research, Education and Training (RET)
- European Communications Working Group (ECOM)
- European Powder Metallurgy Institute (EPMI)
At the same time we recognise that some items are better dealt within the sectors of the industry and therefore we have five sectoral groups covering the main PM industry subsectors:
- European Additive Manufacturing Group (EuroAM)
- European Hard Materials Group (EuroHM)
- European Hot Isostatic Pressing Group (EuroHIP)
- European Press & Sinter Group (EuroPress&Sinter)
- European Metal Injection Moulding Group (EuroMIM)
Coordinated by industry and academic personnel these groups cover a wide range of activities and topics whose focus, relevance and follow up is driven by the members of the group. They provide an excellent opportunity for networking, information gathering and lobbying.
AM Seminar 2017