Borescope bosses for A320neo Geared Turbofan TM engine
- Share this page:
The bosses are made by selective laser melting (SLM) on an EOS machine. They form part of MTU’s low-pressure turbine case and allow the blading to be inspected at specified intervals for wear and damage using a borescope.
- Series production of up to 2,000 parts per year.
- Lower development production leadtimes and lower production costs
- Suitable for producing parts in materials that are difficult to machine, as, for example, nickel alloys
- For complex components that are extremely difficult, if not impossible to manufacture using conventional methods
- Tool-free manufacturing and less material consumption
The information contained in these case studies is provided by third parties and although EPMA does its best to ensure the case studies are accurate it is not liable for any mistakes or wrong information