- Share this page:
This component is the final gear in a transmission of an electric bike drive unit.
The product, which was designed specifically as a powder metal solution, integrates a number of functional properties within one single component:
- Transmission of torque from outer teeth to output hub
- Precise inner bore for needle roller bearing
- Complex geometric features for accommodating damping rubber elements and the direction sensor module
- Distinctly reduced NVH emissions compared to previous drive generation for pleasant drivers' experience by applying optimized gear profile
- High strength material for demanding torque transfer capability and extended wear resistance
- 10% less weight compared to a gear from wrought steel
- Approx. 50% cost reduction compared to a steel solution.
The information contained in these case studies is provided by third parties and although EPMA does its best to ensure the case studies are accurate it is not liable for any mistakes or wrong information